Medical Tourism/Medical Travel
Consistently advance the quality of medical travel by advocating opening market to workers’ compensation
Detail-oriented, Insurance Expert with over fifteen years’ experience in Worker’s Compensation, Risk Management, and Property & Casualty Insurance. Skilled in utilizing RMIS and Insurance Data Processing to maximize positive outcomes. Highly motivated to implement professional skills into the Medical Travel sector.
FOUNDER, CONTENT WRITER 2012-Present
Transforming Worker’s Compensation, Boynton Beach, FL
Created and maintained professional blog analyzing current issues in Workers’ Compensation and Healthcare.
- Published over 500 articles addressing various topics
- Promote the implementation of medical travel into the field of Workers’ Compensation
- Analyze the cost of healthcare and the options of alternative treatments abroad
- Presented “Barriers, Obstacles, Opportunities, and Pitfalls” at 5th Mexico Health and Wellness Travel Show in Reynosa, Mexico, November 2014
CONSULTANT 2002 – 2010
Risk Management Consulting Services, Boynton Beach, FL
Provided consultation services to numerous professional Risk Management and Workers’ Compensation organizations including: Strategic Outsourcing, Inc., Environamics, Inc., Fredrick C. Smith Clinic, and Bonitz, Inc.
- Performed detailed risk and loss analysis for all lines of property and casualty coverage
- Provided analysis to either internally create or purchase an effective Risk Management Information System (RMIS)
- Collaborated with the Human Resources Manager and insurance brokers to develop losses in all lines of insurance
- Designed effective strategies to reduce the frequency and severity of workers’ compensation claims
- Assisted in the development of increased effective safety programs with special emphasis on WC claims and cost
SPECIALIST, DATA MANAGEMENT 2001-2002
Aon Risk Services of Texas, Inc., Houston TX
Responsible for various data management operations for risk management assessments.
- Managed the processing of internal/external client requests for data
- Analyzed changes in clients’ Experience Modification Factors
RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT 1995-2001
Initiated, built, and maintained relationships with various clients including: Stirling Cooke, PMSC, NCCI, Inc., and Allstate.
- Provided ongoing consulting to various companies in the fields of Risk Management, Claims Administration, and Data Management
- Responsible for data integrity, including data, system and policy processing
- Complied, analyzed, and verified WC exposure, premium, and claims data for statistical bureau reporting
- Analyzed and resolved issues for all data systems reported to the company
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
Master of Health Administration
New York University, New York, NY
Master of Art: Major History
SUNY Brockport, Brockport, NY
Bachelor of Art: Major in Liberal Arts
Additional Professional Experience
Claims Coding Supervisor, Reliance National Insurance Company New York, NY
Claims Administrator, Hamond & Regine, Inc. Mineola, NY
No-Fault Claims Supervisor, American Colonial Insurance Company New York, NY
WC Claims Examiner, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Co. New York, NY