Richard Krasner, MA, MHA
7151 Summer Tree Drive
Boynton Beach, FL 33437
(561) 738-0458, cell (561) 603-1685
Master’s In Health Administration (MHA) graduate with extensive Insurance business experience and academic training in Political Science and other Social Sciences, looking to transition into Health Care Policy.
- Strong financial, organizational, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong database management and quality assurance skills.
- Able to respond to complex questions from internal and external customers.
- Able to work independently; team player; self-motivated.
- MS Office, Windows.
Master’s in Health Administration, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, Dec. 2011
Introduction to US Health Care Systems
Organization Behavior in Healthcare
Health Care Mgmt. (elective) Topic: Healthcare Quality
Planning & Mktg. in Healthcare
The 2010 Affordable Care Act (elective)
Research Methods for Healthcare Mgmt.
EnergySmart Hospitals: A Comparative Review
Banning Soda under the SNAP Program: A Policy Review
Legal Barriers to Implementing Int’l Providers into Medical Provider Networks for WC
PPACA: The End of Workers’ Compensation?
Medical Management Internship Paper
M.A., History, New York University, New York, New York
Concentration: American History
B.A., Liberal Arts, SUNY Brockport, Brockport, NY
Concentrations: Political Science, History, Sociology/Afro-American Studies/Social Sciences/Humanities
Content Writer, Transforming Workers’ Compensation Blog, Boynton Beach, FL 2012 – Present
- Published over 300 articles covering current issues in Workers’ Compensation, Healthcare, and to promote the implementation of medical travel into Workers’ Compensation.
Risk Management Consulting Services, Boynton Beach, FL 2002 – 2010
For Strategic Outsourcing, Inc., a professional employment organization (PEO) in Charlotte, NC with more than 830 clients and 33,000 assigned employees.
- Performed detailed risk and loss analysis on all lines of property & casualty coverage, with emphasis on workers’ compensation and general liability.
- Worked on the design and analysis to create internally or purchase an effective Risk Management Information System (RMIS).
For Environamics, Inc., a commercial construction company in Charlotte, NC.
- Worked with the Human Resources Manager and insurance broker to create fully developed losses in all lines of insurance and loss development factors.
- Developed the analysis to determine the best levels of self-insurance and deductibles.
- Created fully functional loss spreadsheets.
For the Fredrick C. Smith Clinic, one of the largest physician-owned medical clinics in
- Conducted detailed risk and loss analysis in their workers’ compensation program.
- Developed the criteria to use to select a third party claims administrator.
- Designed an effective strategy to reduce frequency and severity of workers’ compensation claims.
For Bonitz, Inc., a commercial construction company (sub-contractor) in Columbia, SC,with over 1000 associates (employees), with 16 locations in 6 states, specializing in ceiling, drywall and flooring.
- Under supervision of Director of Human Resources, designed a more effective safety program with special emphasis on Workers’ Compensation claims and claims costs.
- Assisted in the set-up and implementation of claims database system (RMIS).
- Worked on wrap-up claims, policies and programs on an as needed basis.
Sr. Specialist/Data Mgmt., Aon Risk Services of TX, Inc., Houston, TX 2001 – 2002
- Processed internal/external client requests for data.
- Analyzed changes in clients’ Experience Modification Factors.
Risk Management Consultant, Dallas, TX 1995 – 2001
Various assignments in Texas and Florida in Risk Management, Claims Administration and Data Management.
Data Analyst, Stirling Cooke, Dallas, TX
- Maintained data integrity; managed data and system reconciliation; ran claims and policy reports; ran monthly loss runs; coordinated and compiled TPA claims data; generated month-end processing.
BPO Compliance Analyst, PMSC, Sarasota, FL
- Gathered, analyzed, defined and implemented requirements and procedures for electronic reporting of WC data.
- Documented data reporting requirements. Developed and executed test plans.
- Compiled, analyzed and verified WC exposure, premium and claims data for statistical bureau reporting.
- Tested and analyzed data reporting software. Coordinated resolution of programming issues with programmers.
Data Services Consultant, NCCI, Inc., Boca Raton, FL
- Analyzed, researched and resolved issues for all data types, requests and collection systems for all data reported to company.
- Responded to complex questions and data requests from internal and external customers.
- Researched and resolved carrier appeals to ensure equitable application of data reporting incentive programs.
- Participated in internal carrier visitations and end-user training.
Underwriting Data Analyst (Contract), Allstate, Boca Raton, FL
- Performed data analysis and data management tasks to support underwriting operations.
Claims Coding Supervisor, Reliance National Insurance Company, NY, NY
- Supervised work of coding staff. Assisted in testing of database software during data conversion process from current database to new database.
Claims Administrator, Hamond & Regine Inc., Mineola, NY
- Managed and improved administration of Construction/Maintenance OCIP “wrap-up” claims program (WC, GL, and Builders’ Risk) for retail insurance broker, resulting in improved operational and insurance program analysis.
- Created and generated Loss Control Analysis Reports, improving risk analysis and exposure identification.
- Interacted with Loss Control/Safety personnel to improve monitoring of claims and incidents. Reduced errors and omissions by more than 50%.
- Investigated, analyzed and coordinated correction of claims data discrepancies, saving client over $100,000 in additional premium.
- Conducted periodic claims file reviews and audits. Gathered and prepared claims data for renewal process.
No-Fault Claims Supervisor, American Colonial Insurance Company, NY, NY
- Administered Automobile No-Fault claims unit .
WC Claims Examiner, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Co., NY, NY
- Processed, investigated and paid WC & Disability claims.